How can a real estate agent help me?
Whether you're in the market for a primary residence, an investment property or a second home, purchasing real estate involves many important considerations and decisions. A real estate agent can provide the focus, due diligence and expertise needed to help you find the home of your dreams.
A real estate professional will:
• Assist in determining how much house you can afford and help you get pre-qualified or pre-approved for a loan.
• Simplify your search by helping you define home and neighborhood criteria.
• Screen new listings daily and alert you of homes that match your criteria.
• Keep you abreast of local market conditions, so you can make informed decisions.
• Gather in-depth detail on each home, schedule tours and point out the advantages and possible drawbacks of each property.
• Work with you in drafting an appropriate offer and serve as your representative when presenting it to the seller.
• Negotiate a contract that considers your goals and leads to a successful closing.
• Personally refer you to proven service providers, such as inspectors, appraisers, title companies, warranty providers, insurance agencies, attorneys, carpenters, movers and more.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Real estate professionals can represent the buyer, the seller or both. When agents represent both parties, it is called dual agency. In some states, dual agency affects the real estate professional's fiduciary responsibilities to the seller. Keep in mind that real estate laws differ from state to state and even from locale to locale. For more in-depth answers, talk with a knowledgeable real estate professional and ask about local practices. www.iknowjackandtom.com